Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES (MUST READ)

GAMEVIL USA welcomes you to our community forums! We love being able to provide a place for our players to gather and discuss the games they play! Our players mean everything to us and we enjoy hearing your opinions (good or bad) about the products we provide to you. This means providing a safe, constructive and pro-active environment for every player new to veteran to come and provide their feedback, and hopefully make some new friends in the process! Below we have detailed the forums Code of Conduct with the intent to inform our players of the rules and regulations of using and posting on these forums. We hope you enjoy these forums as much as we enjoying having them for you! Thank you!

GAMEVIL USA Forum Code of Conduct:

Disciplinary action for violating forum rules will typically take one of the following forms, depending on severity:

• Warning
• Temporary Ban
• Permanent Ban

1. We encourage our players to create fun and innovative forum names that can distinguish themselves to the rest of the forum community. When choosing a forum name please be mindful of the community and refrain from using any names that contain profanity, sexual language/actions, and impersonating GAMEVIL employees. This includes abbreviations, slang, and other bypasses. Inappropriate forum names will result in the account banned from the forums.

2. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, harassment, name & shame, or purposeless inflammatory posts. Any abuse towards our Community Managers, in any form, will not be tolerated. If behavior is deemed to be toxic, Community Managers may ban forum members without notice.

3. We will not tolerate inappropriate, sexual, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any sort, this includes simulated, insinuated and abbreviated swearing. We ask that all posts pertain to our games and posts referring to illegal activities (drugs, pirating, crimes), Sexual activities and Terms of Service abuse such as hacking, account trading, and account selling will be removed from the forums and the poster could face ban from the forums. This policy also includes inappropriate or profane language that could offend players who read them. Community Managers have a final say on what is deemed inappropriate and there will be no chance for appeals.

4. GAMEVIL encourages players to be active on the forums and feel safe while doing so. This means that spamming another player on their thread or creating a thread to denigrate another player will not be tolerated. Any player found spamming, harassing or flaming another player on the forums will have the posts removed and could face a ban from the forums.

5. We understand that players may have strong feelings toward a specific subject. However please refrain from creating multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums. Bumping (repeated posting on a thread to keep it going or visible) is also not allowed. Players found in violation of this will have the threads deleted and may be subject to forum ban.

6. Advertising referral websites, phishing websites, or other malicious links is strictly prohibited. This also includes threads that contain links to non-GAMEVIL games. Any players found posting these types of threads will be banned from the forums.

7. Always post in the correct channel. Unrelated posts will be deleted or moved. Any groups created within the GAMEVIL forums must be pertaining to GAMEVIL or GAMEVIL titles. Any created groups found to be related to any other subjects will be deleted and the creator of said groups could face actions taken against their GAMEVIL forum account.

8. Players found to be posting unapproved, unannounced, or unofficial content based on speculation is subject to deletion, or temporary account suspension. Action taken is based on severity of infraction. This includes speculated future content notes taken from any other site that isn't GAMEVIL USA, unannounced coupon codes, or third party fan sites that may feature potentially leaked content.

9. Do not post or send any (disciplinary) actions taken by Community Managers or Moderators, such as banning, deleting posts, etc. Posting or sending private messages that are received from Community Managers or Moderators is prohibited.

10. GAMEVIL USA asks that players keep the length of their posts to a moderate length. Writing long threads can invite other players to harass the poster as well as incite arguments between players. Players creating extremely long threads will be reminded of this policy and further lengthy submissions could be removed as well as disciplinary action taken against the forum account.

11. GAMEVIL USA with help from moderators monitor the forums. For information on what our moderators do please follow this link: http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?34449-Moderation

See more
See less

[Guide] Importing/Exporting

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Importing/Exporting

Guide to Importing/Exporting

Individual games have their glitches. Different people have different problems. However, there is one problem that I see all over the forums, and many people have been confused by it: importing and exporting. Yes, there is a cloud saving guide in the Zenonia 2 forums, but it doesn't cover everything; besides, most people wouldn't think to look in the Zenonia 2 section for their problems in a different game. I also wrote this guide to include some examples of mistakes people have made with the server, so you, the reader, won't do the same things. Due to the numerous misconceptions I see members making involving importing/exporting, I hope this guide clears up any confusion involving these processes.

What does importing/exporting do?
    Importing and exporting transfers data between your device and the Gamevil Server. After transferring the data, the data is deleted from its original location.

Importing transfers the data to your device and deletes the data on the server.

Exporting transfers the data to the server and deletes the data on your device.

The above two screenshots were from Zenonia 4, but this applies for all Gamevil games with the Import/Export functions. Note that, if you have multiple save files, you CANNOT choose only 1 of them to Import or Export. All the save files on the server and device are imported/exported at the same time.

How do you import/export data?
    From the Main Menu of the game, select Community (or whatever the network function is called for your particular game). This will allow you to access the Import and Export functions.

For example, the Import and Export functions in Zenonia 4 can be accessed by selecting "Community" from the Main Menu:

Why would you want to import and/or export data?
    If you have to uninstall and reinstall the game for whatever reason, you would export the data if you wanted to keep it. Then, after reinstalling, you would import the data.
    Also, if your game has a glitch that you can't fix, export the data to the server, wait for Gamevil to fix the glitch, then import it. However, this might take a while, depending on how quickly Gamevil responds.

If you have to uninstall/reinstall:
    1. Export data
    2. Uninstall/reinstall
    3. Import data

If there is a glitch you can't solve:
    1. Tell Gamevil about the problem (include your CS code)
    2. Export data
    3. Wait for Gamevil to fix the problem
    4. Import data

Sounds simple, right? In fact, it is simple. However, here are some examples of mistakes involving importing/exporting from other forum members:

Example 1:

Because of some reasons, I have to re-install the game program. After re-installing, I observed that all my data are lost.

Besides, I has ever exported game data today, but the data has been imported before re-installing.

Therefore, I try to re-import data again. Unfortunately, it can not successfully retrieve any data.
    Yes, the server can help you keep your data if you need to uninstall/reinstall the game. However, it won't work if you don't follow the correct order that I explained previously.
    Here's what this person did:
    1. Export data
    2. Import data
    3. Uninstall/reinstall
    4. Import data (unsuccessfully)

This person lost his data when he uninstalled/reinstalled because he didn't follow the correct order that I listed above. When he tried to import the data again, he got nothing. Why? Because: when he imported it the first time, he erased the data on the server. When he tried to import it the second time, the data didn't exist on the server anymore.

Example 2:

i have a problem about share the save data between iphone4 and ipad2. i tried to download the save data from the game server. but when i input my id i use in iphone4, it appeared "this id has either been taken or is not allowed".
    Importing and exporting does NOT transfer data at all (the data is connected with your UDID or CS Code, depending on the game). When this person entered the ID on his iPad, he got the error saying that the ID was taken. Of course the ID was taken- it was the ID used by his iPhone account.

Besides, if the process described by the person who was quoted did work, wouldn't I, the Rank 1 player in Zenonia 2, have to worry that someone might steal my data by entering my ID?

Example 3:

I had Zenonia 4 with level 61.5. The game after the strengthening destroyed the necklace, but it was such offensive, that I uploaded the save points into Community Server. After a while i tried to start that game from beginnings how "new game" I saved it into slot 4. But when I tried to download the old save points instead of download data I pressed the export button. So, after I downloaded it had the new game instead of old 61.5 level.
    I uninstalled the game and i installed it back, but I got no data saved on Server. That, it is the question, If it is possible to do restoration of the data from Server, that I can continue to play, or the only way is to delete the game forever???
    The error message of NOTICE is: "Backup data not recognized".
    This one got ugly really quickly.
    Let me summarize what this person did:
    1. Export data
    2. Start new game
    3. Export data (bad idea)
    4. Import data (ends up with new game data)
    5. Uninstall/reinstall (because he didn't know what else to do)
    6. Import data (receives error)

I'm not sure what this person was trying to do, but whatever it was, it's incorrect. When he exported the data the first time, it got transferred to the server- so far, so good. Then, he started a new game (for whatever reason). When he exported the data again, the data on the server was overwritten by his new game data- thus deleting his old character! Then, he tried importing the data, and he received the new game data. Clearly, since the new game data was the data on the server, this is what he received. No surprises here, but the person who did this must have panicked and uninstalled the game. When he reinstalled the game and tried to import the data again, he got an error. This was because there was no more data on the server (not even the new game data). Remember, importing erases the data on the server. And also, remember that you should NOT export your data twice.

Finally, here's an example that shows the correct way to use importing/exporting:

Not my file. But hey, for this kind of rare glitch, I take what replications I can get. The person's data has already been exported onto your servers, gamevil. Druid is the second save file, and the CS code is: (CS code)
    Unfortunately, I don't think Gamevil ever fixed the glitch. For other people who need to report glitches, it's probably faster to contact Gamevil on their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/gamevil).

For another example of importing/exporting done correctly, here's a link to the Cloud Saving guide in the Zenonia 2 forums:
    http://global.gamevil.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24065

When I wrote this guide, my goal was to clear up some common mistakes that users make involving the server. And, as I said before, I wanted to provide some more details that were not included in gamevil's Cloud Saving thread. So, here are some important points to remember:
    • Importing transfers data to your device, while exporting transfers data to the server; in both cases, the data is deleted from its original location.
    • If you have data on the server, and you export again, the server data will be overwritten (as shown in Example 3).
    • Importing/exporting will NOT help you transfer data between devices. A lot of people seem to think that it does.
    • Be careful when importing/exporting. If you don't do it correctly, it could easily end up deleting your data (as shown in Examples 1 and 3).
    • Don't import/export unless you really need to do so.

Hope this helps. Feel free to post any comments or questions.
    Last edited by SquarePig; 11-02-2015, 03:15 PM.

Originally posted by SquarePig View Post
    Example 3:

This one got ugly really quickly.

Let me summarize what this person did:
    1. Export data
    2. Start new game
    3. Export data (bad idea)
    4. Import data (ends up with new game data)
    5. Uninstall/reinstall (because he didn? know what else to do)
    6. Import data (receives error)
    I? not sure what this person was trying to do, but whatever it was, it? incorrect. When he exported the data the first time, it got transferred to the server- so far, so good. Then, he started a new game (for whatever reason). When he exported the data again, the data on the server was overwritten by his new game data- thus deleting his old character! Then, he tried importing the data, and he received the new game data. Clearly, since the new game data was the data on the server, this is what he received. No surprises here, but the person who did this must have panicked and uninstalled the game. When he reinstalled the game and tried to import the data again, he got an error. This was because there was no more data on the server (not even the new game data). Remember, importing erases the data on the server. And also, remember that you should NOT export your data twice.
    This was my favourite example

In all seriousness, this will hopefully help people in the future-time
    Ex-Mod

How low the flame burns.

Comment

Im sure he knows hes fu**** up when he realizes what he have done

Maybe hes so addicted and then go to the forums and learn whats happening in reality
      DESTINIA
      Rogue: 99
      RANK 52

The Zenonia series

Zenonia 2
      DrJohnDee rank 44 morpice
      Morpice
      Lu
      Daza

Comment

Logic. Logic nowhere. D:
        Soccer Superstars 2011 ID: K-Cey
        Baseball Superstars 2011 ID: K-Cey
        Baseball Superstars II ID: K-Cey
        Baseball Superstars 2012 ID: K-Cey

那我就當這裡唯一一個簽名裡面有中文的人好了Σ(。A。|||)
        Taiwan!台灣! ツ

Comment

Originally posted by kezuke023 View Post
          Maybe hes so addicted and then go to the forums and learn whats happening in reality
          It was funny when he started thinking that maybe a connection error caused the data to be lost, or when he said that Gamevil had to answer him (even though they already did) or it would be illegal.
          Last edited by SquarePig; 09-02-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

The mighty SquarePig, idiot-proofing the forums! xD
            Yeah, the Shaturu HP glitch never was solved. Pffft.

Comment

Gamevil was hacking his account, obv. They wanted his zen.
              HiddenFromYou ❤ Rubellite - 88%.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenFromYou View Post
                Gamevil was hacking his account, obv. They wanted his zen.
                ^ Sounds totally reasonable

Comment

Lalalalalalalala/
                  HiddenFromYou ❤ Rubellite - 88%.

Comment

^^trolololol
                    Soccer Superstars 2011 ID: K-Cey
                    Baseball Superstars 2011 ID: K-Cey
                    Baseball Superstars II ID: K-Cey
                    Baseball Superstars 2012 ID: K-Cey

那我就當這裡唯一一個簽名裡面有中文的人好了Σ(。A。|||)
                    Taiwan!台灣! ツ

Comment

How long I've been away??
                      Probably about 3 days...
                      And what happen when I get back??
                      Everyone is ready to attack...

I lol'ed so hard that you are REALLY made this thread, pig....
                      Even Hidden changed his sig...

Very well done everybody... *clap
                      ================================================================================================

Not all prince have to be a male.

Comment

Originally posted by princea View Post
                        I lol'ed so hard that you are REALLY made this thread, pig....
                        Even Hidden changed his sig...

Very well done everybody... *clap
                        That's what I do when I'm bored

+1 for rhyming

Comment

Originally posted by SquarePig View Post
                          That's what I do when I'm bored

+1 for rhyming
                          It actually rhyme...
                          I don't even realize....
                          ================================================================================================

Not all prince have to be a male.

Comment

Hath a new child been born? Hath the spamming grounds grown?
                            Ex-Mod

How low the flame burns.

Comment

Originally posted by Peepman99 View Post
                              Hath a new child been born? Hath the spamming grounds grown?
                              I think that happens every time a new thread is created

Comment

Working...
                              X