Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES (MUST READ)

GAMEVIL USA welcomes you to our community forums! We love being able to provide a place for our players to gather and discuss the games they play! Our players mean everything to us and we enjoy hearing your opinions (good or bad) about the products we provide to you. This means providing a safe, constructive and pro-active environment for every player new to veteran to come and provide their feedback, and hopefully make some new friends in the process! Below we have detailed the forums Code of Conduct with the intent to inform our players of the rules and regulations of using and posting on these forums. We hope you enjoy these forums as much as we enjoying having them for you! Thank you!

GAMEVIL USA Forum Code of Conduct:

Disciplinary action for violating forum rules will typically take one of the following forms, depending on severity:

• Warning
• Temporary Ban
• Permanent Ban

1. We encourage our players to create fun and innovative forum names that can distinguish themselves to the rest of the forum community. When choosing a forum name please be mindful of the community and refrain from using any names that contain profanity, sexual language/actions, and impersonating GAMEVIL employees. This includes abbreviations, slang, and other bypasses. Inappropriate forum names will result in the account banned from the forums.

2. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, harassment, name & shame, or purposeless inflammatory posts. Any abuse towards our Community Managers, in any form, will not be tolerated. If behavior is deemed to be toxic, Community Managers may ban forum members without notice.

3. We will not tolerate inappropriate, sexual, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any sort, this includes simulated, insinuated and abbreviated swearing. We ask that all posts pertain to our games and posts referring to illegal activities (drugs, pirating, crimes), Sexual activities and Terms of Service abuse such as hacking, account trading, and account selling will be removed from the forums and the poster could face ban from the forums. This policy also includes inappropriate or profane language that could offend players who read them. Community Managers have a final say on what is deemed inappropriate and there will be no chance for appeals.

4. GAMEVIL encourages players to be active on the forums and feel safe while doing so. This means that spamming another player on their thread or creating a thread to denigrate another player will not be tolerated. Any player found spamming, harassing or flaming another player on the forums will have the posts removed and could face a ban from the forums.

5. We understand that players may have strong feelings toward a specific subject. However please refrain from creating multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums. Bumping (repeated posting on a thread to keep it going or visible) is also not allowed. Players found in violation of this will have the threads deleted and may be subject to forum ban.

6. Advertising referral websites, phishing websites, or other malicious links is strictly prohibited. This also includes threads that contain links to non-GAMEVIL games. Any players found posting these types of threads will be banned from the forums.

7. Always post in the correct channel. Unrelated posts will be deleted or moved. Any groups created within the GAMEVIL forums must be pertaining to GAMEVIL or GAMEVIL titles. Any created groups found to be related to any other subjects will be deleted and the creator of said groups could face actions taken against their GAMEVIL forum account.

8. Players found to be posting unapproved, unannounced, or unofficial content based on speculation is subject to deletion, or temporary account suspension. Action taken is based on severity of infraction. This includes speculated future content notes taken from any other site that isn't GAMEVIL USA, unannounced coupon codes, or third party fan sites that may feature potentially leaked content.

9. Do not post or send any (disciplinary) actions taken by Community Managers or Moderators, such as banning, deleting posts, etc. Posting or sending private messages that are received from Community Managers or Moderators is prohibited.

10. GAMEVIL USA asks that players keep the length of their posts to a moderate length. Writing long threads can invite other players to harass the poster as well as incite arguments between players. Players creating extremely long threads will be reminded of this policy and further lengthy submissions could be removed as well as disciplinary action taken against the forum account.

11. GAMEVIL USA with help from moderators monitor the forums. For information on what our moderators do please follow this link: http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?34449-Moderation

See more
See less

[Official] Kritika Chat Filter Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Official] Kritika Chat Filter Discussion

Greetings Kritikans,

As discussed on today's show, this thread will serve as a place to post bugs in the chat filter

Please share any specific problems you notice here, (preferably with screenshots) and we will endeavor to work with the developers on improving the filter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11793231_862972113772906_199724812_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1418037Click image for larger version

Name:	11805828_862972110439573_635221467_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1418038

Because of the "ä" on the name of my character i cant see any chat. this have been since i started playing. i mean, NEVER seen chat on thyis character

Comment

Originally posted by Skydeo2 View Post
      [ATTACH]7718[/ATTACH][ATTACH]7719[/ATTACH]

Because of the "ä" on the name of my character i cant see any chat. this have been since i started playing. i mean, NEVER seen chat on thyis character
      yeah same here since december i have zero chat log because i use accented letters" ä ë ï öü â é í ō ü " on my IGN
      Shadow Mage: Kaisërslautern
      Crimson Assassin : Bläke:

Every time I use my SM and CrA chat logs are not showing
      щ(ಥДಥщ) EnMasse PC version Official NA / EU server here (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by Chronomancer View Post
        Greetings Kritikans,

As discussed on today's show, this thread will serve as a place to post bugs in the chat filter

Please share any specific problems you notice here, (preferably with screenshots) and we will endeavor to work with the developers on improving the filter.
        The chat as a whole is one huge problem, there's very little bugs, aside from whatever people already mentioned above
        However there's plenty of problems:
        The text keeps disappearing after re-login or bad inet connection
        Tiny limit of text it keeps track of (like what, 50 lines of text?)
        It's near to impossible to chat due to filters.

Here's some questions:
        * How about we start with the definition of "Inappropriate or offensive words"?
        * What languages system tracks to replace the words?
        * What words are "bad"?
        * Why it doesnt replace the word, but kills the whole sentence?

Can you answer this one?
        add chartype -cat setserver -global setlvl -70 cp ~700[k] vip? [y/n] -n ping usa [0 loss]
        cd /kritika/eng ls suggestions | bugs | events | general
        hw -nexus5 ver -5.1.1
        ^ >_<

Want to be able to chat normally, while playing Kritika? Join IRC channel on irc.rizon.io /join #kritika filtersgone

Comment

Type in kritika the white knights. That is inappropriate according to filter. I guess when I say the NAME OF THE GAME it thinks I'm calling someone k-nig-hts. Then there is the simple sentence... I already hit it. Clearly I'm referring to a tit. Because if you try to really twist it around....if I hi-t it. I must be talking about the tit I hit.

Comment

I still say filter should just be removed.

If someone wants to say a "bad" word, they'll find a way to say it using hyphens, periods, symbols, etc. to get around the filter.

Comment

Words that are not "foul" language also can get filtered which can be frustrating.

As I've wrote numerous times before :
              1. Congratulations, congrats - filtered because the word contain "RATS". Making a congratulating response into foul mouthing players who achieved something great.

Imagine:
              Congrats on level up! -> I will not use inappropriate words (W. T. F!?)

2.Using symbols, hyphens and even fullstops can also trigger the filter.
              Example : @_@ sometimes get filtered, OK.Let's go! gets filtered because of no spacing.

Overall,I find the filter on English language (main language in most games) is absurdly broken and worse on other languages except a few like Korean, Japanese and Chinese. The chat is the only part of Kritika that really ruins the whole experience till something is done about it. We've been waiting for a fix since we 1st started playing (for me, a year + now)
              Kritika: The white knights SEA server
              Guild: Wolfshade (guildmaster)

Comment

What surprises me the most is how a game as good as this one would suffer from a problem that most multiplayer games can resolve on day one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zawerni View Post
                  I still say filter should just be removed.

If someone wants to say a "bad" word, they'll find a way to say it using hyphens, periods, symbols, etc. to get around the filter.

I know what you mean...

Originally posted by DevilDealer View Post
                  What surprises me the most is how a game as good as this one would suffer from a problem that most multiplayer games can resolve on day one.
                  Or rather don't have from day 1
                  add chartype -cat setserver -global setlvl -70 cp ~700[k] vip? [y/n] -n ping usa [0 loss]
                  cd /kritika/eng ls suggestions | bugs | events | general
                  hw -nexus5 ver -5.1.1
                  ^ >_<

Want to be able to chat normally, while playing Kritika? Join IRC channel on irc.rizon.io /join #kritika filtersgone

Comment

Originally posted by yewchuan View Post
                    Words that are not "foul" language also can get filtered which can be frustrating.

As I've wrote numerous times before :
                    1. Congratulations, congrats - filtered because the word contain "RATS". Making a congratulating response into foul mouthing players who achieved something great.

Imagine:
                    Congrats on level up! -> I will not use inappropriate words (W. T. F!?)

2.Using symbols, hyphens and even fullstops can also trigger the filter.
                    Example : @_@ sometimes get filtered, OK.Let's go! gets filtered because of no spacing.

Overall,I find the filter on English language (main language in most games) is absurdly broken and worse on other languages except a few like Korean, Japanese and Chinese. The chat is the only part of Kritika that really ruins the whole experience till something is done about it. We've been waiting for a fix since we 1st started playing (for me, a year + now)

This! I can't tell guild members I'll be summoning the tower of destruction because destruction gets filtered

Comment

In guild, its not easy to chat with other members.

Once! A new member joined my guild and old members of guild were chatting and some words got blocked by filter. Newbie member said - "wow! Too much vulgar/inappropriate language". Some common words got blocked. And when he tried chatting about not using bad language in some lines came - "I will not use inappropriate or offensive words." And he said - I didn't say anything wrong. Lmao
                      I said - do not worry. I know how you feel . Lol ;P
                      Kritika - The White Knights

GillGuns (SM) Blue Path Skills
                      GillBlade (DB) B. SKills
                      GillZerker (RB) Blue Ex, R. S.
                      GillAcrobat (CA) B.P. S.
                      GillCrimson (CrA) B.P. S.
                      GillShadowGuns (SM) B.P. S.
                      GillDarkie (DV) B.P. S.
                      GillBloodemon (BD) B.P. S.
                      GillClaire (Ec) B.P. S.
                      GIlLLBreaker (BB) B.P.S.
                      GillGunsReloaded (IW) B.P.S.
                      Pets- Bapho +22 , Mau, Ali, Dra & Wally.

Comment

do we actually have to list every single combination of letters and words that are blocked by the chatfilter? the list would be too long for anyone to read in a reasonable amount of time.

also like they mentioned "special characters" in a character name makes the chat completely unavailable

I'd say, either let us rename the characters or fix the chat for chars using those letters
                        and for the chat, just add in the option to remove "mature language filter"
                        Kritika - The White Knights
                        Malice

Master Level : 3150
                        Kekkeı- Lvl 70 - 6884k+ CP [Eclair]
                        Liż- Lvl 70 - 3663k+ CP [Crimson Assassin]
                        Kiraij- Lvl 70 - 3024k+ CP [Cat Acrobat]
                        Glacıator- Lvl 70 - 2818k+ CP [Ice Warlock]
                        Lucifĕr- Lvl 70 - 2231k+ CP [Shadow Mage]

Pets:
                        Walpurga lvl 70 +25 [GlassCannon]
                        Baphomet lvl 70 +20 [GlassCannon]
                        Alice lvl 70 +19 [Defense]

Global

Comment

Anyone can get around the worthless filter by using periods or commas. It's nothing more than a burden. The filter only forces people to use third party apps to chat. The whole chat filter is one big bug. No screenshots required.

Comment

Originally posted by dimee View Post
                            Type in kritika the white knights. That is inappropriate according to filter. I guess when I say the NAME OF THE GAME it thinks I'm calling someone k-nig-hts. Then there is the simple sentence... I already hit it. Clearly I'm referring to a tit. Because if you try to really twist it around....if I hi-t it. I must be talking about the tit I hit.
                            Haha I've encountered the white knights one a long time ago. I was trying to register my guild name and it just wouldn't work. After some experimentation I narrowed it down to that word, which I've never heard of before my entire life. That's the very reason my guild name has an l instead of an I, all caps.

Comment

I'm going to talk about the whole chat system in general, not just the filters, and not only on bugs. You can do with this what you will. Here's my input:

1) Filter should be completely rebuilt. It's extremely sensitive and unhelpful, and here's why. A lot of word combinations in everyday language will form profanity. You want a non-toxic community? Fair enough. But the way it handles the "vulgar sentence" is to tell the world "hey everyone I just used a vulgar word!" (paraphrasing here). It doesn't tell me what I typed, where I typed, and I just lost a very long reply. And everyone knows it's so inconvenient to type on mobile or tablet. If for example I'm really keen on replying to my guildmate, I would literally have to copy the sentence before posting, then scan every alphabet to look for profanity- some of those words I've never heard of my entire life. Take the word 'knight' for example. Innocent enough, it's the title of the game even. But no, that's censored. Took me so long to narrow it down to that word too.

It's much better if you would replace a swear word, and only the swear word, with some ****ing asterisks, so people can just fill in the blanks. PS: those are simply asterisks, not some kind of profanity.

2) "XXXXX has acquired YYYYYY from ZZZZZ." Nope. Don't want that. Back in the early days, that sort of thing was less common. But now, everyone's getting something from somewhere, or enhancing their legendaries and ethereals to +11, +12, +13 and so on. It serves no practical purpose and nobody can see the things people actually talk about.

3) Chat history shouldn't be erased the moment someone has switched character or exit the app (or even app crash). Save it over the course of a day or two. That way, plus suggestion 2, makes it easier for someone to join in the conversation.

4) Time stamping. Let everyone know how long it has been since the last person spoke, so we can judge if it's appropriate to reply to a question asked, say, an hour ago. If the chat history is retained throughout the day, when the person logs in again he might see it.

5) The option to reply while the game is paused. Yes, I know you can autoplay while replying, but that's about it. You can't reply in the pause menu, and you can't pause the game while replying. If I'm gonna come up against an episode boss, I don't trust my character to autoplay their way in, so I can't respond to someone even if I wanted to.

That's about all I have time to type. I hope this doesn't go too much off topic, if it did I'm sorry and could a moderator please move this post to the appropriate thread (if any)?

Comment

Working...
                              X