Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES (MUST READ)

GAMEVIL USA welcomes you to our community forums! We love being able to provide a place for our players to gather and discuss the games they play! Our players mean everything to us and we enjoy hearing your opinions (good or bad) about the products we provide to you. This means providing a safe, constructive and pro-active environment for every player new to veteran to come and provide their feedback, and hopefully make some new friends in the process! Below we have detailed the forums Code of Conduct with the intent to inform our players of the rules and regulations of using and posting on these forums. We hope you enjoy these forums as much as we enjoying having them for you! Thank you!

GAMEVIL USA Forum Code of Conduct:

Disciplinary action for violating forum rules will typically take one of the following forms, depending on severity:

• Warning
• Temporary Ban
• Permanent Ban

1. We encourage our players to create fun and innovative forum names that can distinguish themselves to the rest of the forum community. When choosing a forum name please be mindful of the community and refrain from using any names that contain profanity, sexual language/actions, and impersonating GAMEVIL employees. This includes abbreviations, slang, and other bypasses. Inappropriate forum names will result in the account banned from the forums.

2. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, harassment, name & shame, or purposeless inflammatory posts. Any abuse towards our Community Managers, in any form, will not be tolerated. If behavior is deemed to be toxic, Community Managers may ban forum members without notice.

3. We will not tolerate inappropriate, sexual, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any sort, this includes simulated, insinuated and abbreviated swearing. We ask that all posts pertain to our games and posts referring to illegal activities (drugs, pirating, crimes), Sexual activities and Terms of Service abuse such as hacking, account trading, and account selling will be removed from the forums and the poster could face ban from the forums. This policy also includes inappropriate or profane language that could offend players who read them. Community Managers have a final say on what is deemed inappropriate and there will be no chance for appeals.

4. GAMEVIL encourages players to be active on the forums and feel safe while doing so. This means that spamming another player on their thread or creating a thread to denigrate another player will not be tolerated. Any player found spamming, harassing or flaming another player on the forums will have the posts removed and could face a ban from the forums.

5. We understand that players may have strong feelings toward a specific subject. However please refrain from creating multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums. Bumping (repeated posting on a thread to keep it going or visible) is also not allowed. Players found in violation of this will have the threads deleted and may be subject to forum ban.

6. Advertising referral websites, phishing websites, or other malicious links is strictly prohibited. This also includes threads that contain links to non-GAMEVIL games. Any players found posting these types of threads will be banned from the forums.

7. Always post in the correct channel. Unrelated posts will be deleted or moved. Any groups created within the GAMEVIL forums must be pertaining to GAMEVIL or GAMEVIL titles. Any created groups found to be related to any other subjects will be deleted and the creator of said groups could face actions taken against their GAMEVIL forum account.

8. Players found to be posting unapproved, unannounced, or unofficial content based on speculation is subject to deletion, or temporary account suspension. Action taken is based on severity of infraction. This includes speculated future content notes taken from any other site that isn't GAMEVIL USA, unannounced coupon codes, or third party fan sites that may feature potentially leaked content.

9. Do not post or send any (disciplinary) actions taken by Community Managers or Moderators, such as banning, deleting posts, etc. Posting or sending private messages that are received from Community Managers or Moderators is prohibited.

10. GAMEVIL USA asks that players keep the length of their posts to a moderate length. Writing long threads can invite other players to harass the poster as well as incite arguments between players. Players creating extremely long threads will be reminded of this policy and further lengthy submissions could be removed as well as disciplinary action taken against the forum account.

11. GAMEVIL USA with help from moderators monitor the forums. For information on what our moderators do please follow this link: http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?34449-Moderation

See more
See less

[Guide] Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HiddenFromYou View Post
    Oooh. Ranger land. IM ALMOST LEVEL 7
    I'm almost Level 2... I'm actually level 40 something, but I don't use my ranger anymore

Comment

Hi. ^^ Sorry to accidentally necro a reasonably old thread, but I had a question. Is the OP still accurate with the build? If not, what should I skill up and when should I do it?

Also is there a way to show bullet trails or something? Mashing the attack button and just having damage show up is kind of annoying. :<

Any help is appreciated! Also any tips/tricks for a ranger?

Comment

Originally posted by SkiddlyBop View Post
        Hi. ^^ Sorry to accidentally necro a reasonably old thread, but I had a question. Is the OP still accurate with the build? If not, what should I skill up and when should I do it?

Also is there a way to show bullet trails or something? Mashing the attack button and just having damage show up is kind of annoying. :<

No there is no way to show bullet trails. Just a bit of advice for the stat build, put everything into dex, but when you come to pvp or abyss make sure you add con sheathe stones to your gear, sure pumping every little thing into dex for max damage is a nice idea, but you will die so easily it's unreal, from personal experience too.

Originally posted by SquarePig
        Looks like the idea of using a quote in sig is catching on, in a way :)

Comment

Originally posted by SkiddlyBop View Post

For skills, I would recommend NOT maxing Charge Shot, because it isn't as versatile as Lightning Bolt, Extreme Kill, or some other moves. Even in PvP, Lightning Bolt and Thunderbolt work better and have faster cast time. Of course, you can use it if you have skill points left over, but I think other skills should be prioritized.

Comment

Originally posted by SquarePig View Post
            For skills, I would recommend NOT maxing Charge Shot, because it isn't as versatile as Lightning Bolt, Extreme Kill, or some other moves. Even in PvP, Lightning Bolt and Thunderbolt work better and have faster cast time. Of course, you can use it if you have skill points left over, but I think other skills should be prioritized.
            I'm planning to max out a ranger (again since my previous 99 ranger got deleted), and the skill build I'm gonna do doesn't have charge shot .

Originally posted by SquarePig
            Looks like the idea of using a quote in sig is catching on, in a way :)

Comment

Can I ask why not to use TK-X2? It is basically is like a shield that distracts, blocks, and damages enemies. Why would you not want to max this???(especially for PvE and if you have a full dex build because you have low hp and defence so it is good to have) Is there a reason that I don't know or why not to max this out?
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              You Can Murder, Or You Can Destroy
              (Main character in each game)
              Z5
              Mechanic-96
              (Yay)
              Z4
              Slayer-56
              (Ehh :/)
              Z3
              Nature Shaman-60
              (Got deleted because I put my phone in my pocket while it was on... Don't ask how cause idk how...-.-)
              Z2
              Daza-99
              (Sadly died alongside my Ipod Touch)
              Z1
              Warrior-61
              (PSP/PS3 version FTW)

Comment

Originally posted by newlegend View Post
                Can I ask why not to use TK-X2? It is basically is like a shield that distracts, blocks, and damages enemies. Why would you not want to max this???(especially for PvE and if you have a full dex build because you have low hp and defence so it is good to have) Is there a reason that I don't know or why not to max this out?
                Because TK-X2's utility is so puny its worthless. Your so called decoy is a single stationary robot that fails to distract ganging mobs and PvP opponents, not to mention the damage it occasionaly manages to deal becomes utterly insignificant.

It's not like the Blader's Mysterious Shadow, five clones that literally surround and suffocate the enemy, or disperse and massively misdirect the attentions of a crowd. Clones have defensive and offensive value, because they can truly engage the enemy for the entire duration of the skill. TK-X2's complete lack of mobility won't garner time for you to do anything meaningful, so it fails as a stalling skill as well.

It's more like the Druid's Serpent Totem in levels of lameness. You summon the thing, the closest monster pokes it, and even if the decoy doesn't crumple asap the enemies will still wander and then...oh hi Ranger, nice to meet'cha.

Rangers take out their enemies from a distance with AoEs--their range and mobility are their strengths which act as the conerstone to their survival.

Hell. If passives aren't your thing and you're worried about dying, you could even dump leftover points in Potion Plus for a ranger. This class gets more than enough points to max the skills that actually matter.

Comment

Ok I just started my ranger right now and as far as I can tell bosses kill me in 1-2 hits regularly and I'm level 16. The TK-X2 doesn't just attract one monster if you need me to take screenshots of it attracting 5 enemies then that's no problem. Since I'm making a full dex ranger at least for the beginning of the game if I place it right it blocks all enemies coming to be to the point where I can get behind them and shoot them into he turrent which acts as a wall leaving the enemy immobile which is useful for boss fights just as well as boss fights where the boss is not able to move. For example the second boss. I could summon my turrent anywhere near it and all the things would target the current for 14 seconds which makes for easy killing. Plus I can summon a second one with 4 seconds of the other one to spare and that could get even greater if I maxed the cooldown rate skill. Yea I know everyone plays different but this is mu experience I'm sure that it is probably bad later on in the game but for the beginning it is really useful.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Z5
                  Mechanic-96
                  (Yay)
                  Z4
                  Slayer-56
                  Z3
                  Nature Shaman-60
                  (Got deleted because I put my phone in my pocket while it was on... Don't ask how cause idk how...-.-)
                  Z2
                  Daza-99
                  Z1
                  Warrior-61
                  (PSP/PS3 version FTW)

Comment

I'm well aware that TK-X2 can attract more than one monster. It's range of attraction isn't anything to trumpet about though. If you can weave through enemies to set the TK-X2 down in a semi-decent position, you can dodge around them and KO 'em outright with a special.

Other than Frodo, Stoneface is the only boss off the top of my head that I remember being stationary. Sitting duck vs sitting duck works as well as it can get, but such situations are so ridiculously rare that they're negligible. The walling tactic may work on bosses, but the more straightforward approach usually winds up being faster and more efficient anyway.

Rangers truly kick-off at around level 20 or so, once they start to unlock the more decent array of skills. Most prefer to save up the points early in the game and just push their way to that point, so they can dump the skill points in those newly unlocked skills. Then you start having fun with the massive bangs and blings of your oversized gun.

Comment

So then should I just use charge shot instead?
                      Z5
                      Mechanic-96
                      (Yay)
                      Z4
                      Slayer-56
                      Z3
                      Nature Shaman-60
                      Z2
                      Daza-99
                      Z1
                      Warrior-61
                      (PSP/PS3 version FTW)

Comment

So then should I just use charge shot instead?
                        Charge Shot isn't really good (not even in PvP). Extreme Kill and Lightning Bolt are better choices, although you can get Charge Shot if you have extra Skill points.

Comment

Oh ok thank you I was about to put points into that lol
                          Z5
                          Mechanic-96
                          (Yay)
                          Z4
                          Slayer-56
                          Z3
                          Nature Shaman-60
                          Z2
                          Daza-99
                          Z1
                          Warrior-61
                          (PSP/PS3 version FTW)

Comment

The guild says extreme kill is optional though. I am lvl 23 which 2 skills should I max ( not including the one that gives you des) and which 3rd one should I start trying to max ( or should I save up)
                            Z5
                            Mechanic-96
                            (Yay)
                            Z4
                            Slayer-56
                            Z3
                            Nature Shaman-60
                            Z2
                            Daza-99
                            Z1
                            Warrior-61
                            (PSP/PS3 version FTW)

Comment

The guild says extreme kill is optional though. I am lvl 23 which 2 skills should I max ( not including the one that gives you des) and which 3rd one should I start trying to max ( or should I save up)
                              Max the Attack +30% passive first. Skills you should get are Cannon Booster (Buff), Extreme Kill, and Lightning Bolt (at level 25). You don't have to max the Actives at a low level, because they might cost too much SP.

Comment

Ok thanks a lot.
                                Z5
                                Mechanic-96
                                (Yay)
                                Z4
                                Slayer-56
                                Z3
                                Nature Shaman-60
                                Z2
                                Daza-99
                                Z1
                                Warrior-61
                                (PSP/PS3 version FTW)

Comment

Working...
                                X